Khandala, the famous hill station in the state of Maharashtra calls for a treat to eyes and soul. It avails your soul in the midst of lush greenery, scenic beauty and fresh waves of the waterfalls and rivers. Situated on the Sahyadri hills of Western Ghats it is famous for Sunrise-Sunset View Point and Rajmachi Point. The city is famous for its 3- tier waterfall which creates a dramatic plot and it covers the Tamhini Ghat mountain pass. The perfect season to have a visit in the hills of Khandala in Monsoon and Winter.
Looking for Resort in Khandala
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Location of Khandala
Khandala, located on the Sahyadri Range of western Maharashtra, 70 km away from Pune. The distance from Mumbai to Khandala is about 105 kilometres. The elevation is 625 meter above sea level.
Best Time to Visit Khandala
Khandala provides a fresh breeze of air and gives you a soothing weather. The peak time to have a visit here is from October to February as the temperature varies from 10 degree Celsius to 25 degree Celsius. The Shoulder season is from June to September as the temperature increases but it’s best for the monsoon lovers, as it varies between 22 degree Celsius and 28 degree Celsius.
Budget Friendly Hotels in Khandala
Khandala offers budget friendly luxurious hotels according to your needs. Here are some options you can choose from to confirm your bookings as first as possible.
- Sunrise Hill Resort– It’s a 3-star hill hotel. Located beside the hillside. Price- Rs 2199
- Honeybee Resort– It offers a outdoor pool, gym and family friendly activities. Price- Rs 3780
- Zara’s Resort– With warmly well decorated rooms and a restaurant, this resort provides lush gardens and outdoor swimming pool. Price- Rs.5900
- Resort Silver Hills- Locating 2 km from Khandala, it provides comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool, gym and business centre with internet access. Price- Rs 3543
- Velvet County Resort And SPA- Price- Rs 3700
- Hotel Grand Visava- Offers a vegetarian restaurant with polished and gorgeously decorated rooms with an outdoor pool. Price- Rs 2790
- Meritas Picaddle Resort- It’s a 5-star hotel which offers 2 vegetarian eateries, a cafe, spa, gym and pools. Price- Rs 5189
- Avion Holiday Resort- With comfortable rooms, this hotel also provides a pool. Price- Rs 3347
How to get Khandala?
Situated a few kilometres away from Lonavala, Khandala is well connected with roads and railways. The nearest rail station is Lonavala. Almost every train is connected with Pune and Mumbai. There are buses available according to schedule times. One can also book a cab or enjoy the long drive via Bangalore- Mumbai National Highway. If one is planning to come here by airways, then the nearest airports are in Mumbai and Pune from where one can travel by rail or roadways to Khandala.
8 Places to Visit in Khandala
Famous for its serene environment, Khandala is one of the best places to visit during weekends. It’s rich in historical significance and adventures. Here are some list of places you can book for yourself:-
- Visapur Fort- Located 14 km from the city centre, this fort is full of lush green forests. It provides a panoramic hill view and is the best place for trekkers. The average temperature is 22 degree Celsius. The height is around 1085 metres above sea level and it starts from Bhaje village, it took around 3 hours to reach at the top. The best season to enjoy and explore is Monsoon as it offers waterfalls and beautiful fog. This fort was built as a twin of Lohagad Fort, but located at a higher altitude and covering a larger surface area.
- Rajmachi Fort- A bodacious landmark between Lonavala and Khandala located in the breathtakingly attractive Rajmachi Fort. It changed a lot from Shivaji Maharaj, Emperor Aurangzeb, Shahu Maharaj and at last in the British reign. The fort is popular among trekkers and adventure seekers. For a full-fledged trek, one can start from the Kondane caves which takes around 3-4 hours of climbing, but otherwise one can drive right up to Udhewadi village and then trek for 30-40 minutes to reach the top of the fort. The temperature is around 23 degree Celsius.
- Kune Waterfalls- Settled at a distance of 2 km from the city centre, this place is perfect for escape into nature. It’s always refreshing and refreshes your mood instantly. June Waterfalls is the 14th largest waterfall in India and stands at a height of 210 metres. These waterfalls are segmented into two segments and covered with greenery.
- Reversing Station- This station offers a view of surreal landscapes of Khopoli. Previously it was used as an office by the Railway department. If you are seeking a selfie spot, then you must visit this place. This place offers a beautiful sunset view and a scenic location.
- Shivlinga- Popularly known as the “Swayambhu”, located in the hills of Sahyadri Range. It’s famous for its structure and rock formation. It’s best for leisure time.
- Lion’s Point- To witness the beauty of waterfalls with soothing scenery, Lion’s Point is located between Bhushi Dam and Aamby Valley in Lonavala. It will give a beautiful sunset view and is popular among honeymooners. It is located at a distance of around 8 km from Malavali Railway Station.
- Bedsa Caves- It’s a treasure of the past and believed to be the oldest cave in Maharashtra. It attracts the wanderers as it has traces of ancient India. The intriguing rock formation adds flavours among the travellers. The main cave is ‘Chaitya’ which have a prayer hall and a magnificent stupa.
- Duke’s Nose- Duke’s Nose Point is a famous landmark to get a view of the beautiful Sahyadri Range. It’s famous among friends as well as honeymooners. It is covered with greenery and bushy forests. It’s also famous among adventure seekers. As it resembles the nose shaped cliff of Duke of Wellington, it got its name from there. Locals often call it ‘Nagphani’. It’s a pit stop place which offers a mesmerizing view of the valley.
Also, if you visit Khandala, make sure you carry a bag with you as shopping is a must here. Some of the best places are Cooper’s Fudge and Chikkis, Aher Bagh and Maganlal and Sons. Khandala is a place which provides thrill of adventure sports, scenic beauty and historical significance. Khandala offers everything that travelers seek on their vacation. Families, Friends and Honeymooners, are sure to enjoy their vacation at this soul-soothing location and will spend a good quality of time.