Andaman and Nicobar islands attracts a huge multitude of tourists each year because of its serene, enchanting beauty. The destination saw an extreme drop in the count of tourists visiting this magnificent place in 2020. The lockdown associated with the Covid-19 pandemic, 2020 have affected tourism to an unbelievable extent.
Andaman and Nicobar joins the developing rundown of destinations that are opening up for travel.
Everything was at halt including tourism due to such an intense year of isolation. However, it seems like everything is ready to be back on track. Andaman and Nicobar islands are currently open for tourist post-Covid-19 lockdown. Along with it, all wildlife associated destinations and a few more states are open for safety ensured tourism namely, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan etc.
Although, new guidelines have been set to ensure the safety of the tourists and to avoid dangerous repercussions. It is crucial to follow the rules positively. We suggest that you read the Covid-19 rules and SoPs applicable for the destination you are going to, carefully.
Guideline updates (Andaman and Nicobar islands)
1. Wearing masks are obligatory at tourist and public places.
2. Sea shores in Andaman will open just between 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
3. You should have Arogya Setu app installed in your gadget, compulsorily.
4. Tourists shall have to undergo sanitization procedures and thermal screenings at entry point of every destination you visit.
5. Only those who are asymptomatic will be allowed beyond the testing point.
6. Aged people (around 65 and above) won’t be permitted to visit Andaman.
7. Tourists must keep 6 feet distance among each other.
8. Diglipur, Rangat, Little Andaman and Mayabunder are shut for the tourism.
9. A few adventure sports are not permitted according to the Covid-19 related rules set for the tourists. Eg , scuba diving, para-sailing, sea-walking and kayaking.
10. Clicking group pictures in public places are prohibited too.
11. Sea shores, Cellular Jail, light and sound show at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island (Ross Island), and boat rides are currently open for vacationers visiting Andaman and Nicobar Islands
12. Light and Sound show will operate with just half capacity.
13. It is recommended to book the adventure sports and pay online at priority.
14. Flight administration for Port Blair to arrive at Andaman and Nicobar will continue from 29th of October from Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi, Chennai and Hyderabad and from 31st October from Kolkata
So, what are you waiting for? Plan an awesome trip to Andaman and Nicobar islands with your loved ones and enjoy the mesmerizingly beautiful destination.