Unveiling the unaccustomed places of Maharashtra During Summer Days is no more less than a treasure to hunters. Tourists often avoid visiting these places as the temperature is really high due to its location and pressure. So, most of the tourists prefer to visit the mountains of Western Ghats and other nearby ranges to enjoy their summer break days with their families and friends. But Maharashtra will offer you varieties of options to choose from. So, here is a list of such places apart from Mumbai and Pune which will attract your soul and mind.
Get a Question?
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Places to Explore in Maharashtra:-
1. Panchgani- Most of the tourists prefer hilly areas during summer break so Panchagani would be a great option for the getaways. Located in the Sahyadri Range of Western Ghats overlooks the beautiful Venna Lake. It’s basically a huge volcanic plateau surrounded by five Hills. The main attractions near Panchgani are Sydney Point, Parsi Point, Devil’s Kitchen, Mapro Garden, Devrai Art Village. The ‘Table Land’ is a popular shooting spot and many films are shooted here, like, Mela, Taare Zameen Par, Raja Hindustani, Agent Vinod, Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam and many other television shows and series were also shot here.
Location- Located in Satara District and 245 kms from Mumbai.
2. Matheran- The popular municipality and hill station destination in Maharashtra is Matheran. Commonly known as a forest at the forehead of the Sahyadris in the Western Ghats. The Forest Department has declared it as an eco-awareness zone, it’s a perfect blend of natural hues and rocky terrains. It’s a famous destination for honeymooners to enjoy the sunrise and sunset view as well as provide isolation and peace. The beautiful Parsi bungalows and old British buildings are the main attractions. Tourists are cognate to ‘forest bathing’ which helps them to get rid of urban stress and feel relaxed amidst trees and enjoy the silent breeze of the forest canopy. The main attraction near Matheran is Lake Charlotte, Louisa Point, Panorama Point, Monkey Point and Porcupine Point.
Location- It’s located in Raigad District. The distance between Mumbai and Matheran via Neral is 105 kilometres and one needs to take Mumbai- Pune Highway (NH4).
3. Lonavala- Set amidst the arboreous hills of Western Ghats, Lonavala is a hill station and it is the treasure of the Sahyadri Mountains and popularly known as “City of Caves”. With varieties of nature jewels, Lonavala is a chest of waterfalls, lakes and hills around. Camping, Trekking and other adventure sports are the real fun here. Lonavala serves historical sites like Buddhist rock cut caves of Bhaja and Karla.The main excursions are Rajmachi Fort, Aamby Valley, Tiger’s Leap, Lonavala Lake, Bhushi Dam and Imagicaa. Lonavala is also famous for its picnic spot and shooting spot.
Location- Situated in Pune District and 82 kilometres from Mumbai and 65 kilometres from Pune.
4. Khandala- Kandala is a famous hill station in the state of Maharashtra that calls for a treat to eyes and soul. It avails your soul in the midst of lush greenery, scenic beauty and fresh waves of the waterfalls and rivers. Situated on the Sahyadri hills of Western Ghats it is famous for Sunrise-Sunset View Point and Rajmachi Point. The city is famous for its 3- tier waterfall which creates a dramatic plot and it covers the Tamhini Ghat mountain pass. Popular attractions are Kune Falls, Khandala Lake, Rajmachi Point, etc.
Location- Situated in Pune District and it’s 70 km away from Pune and 105 kilometres from Mumbai.
5. Mahabaleshwar- Ever been to a romantic place with so many markets to shop from!! If not, then you must visit this magical place, Mahabaleshwar. The best spots to enjoy your break are the Wilson Point to enjoy sunrise, mountain biking at Mahabaleshwar hill station, water activities from Tapola to Bamnoli Island, Arthur’s Seat, Lingmala Waterfalls, Rock Climbing and Trekking, Horse Riding. Popularly known for its Panchganga Temple. Mahabaleshwar is famous for strawberries and Puran Poli.
Location- The nearest airport is located at a distance of 120 kilometres away and the nearest railway station is 62 kilometres away. Located 265 kilometres away from Mumbai. It’s located in Satara District.
6. Chikhaldara- To enjoy the perfect coffee date once you should visit Chikhaldara during Summer Days. As you set into this place, it will bring you to the plantations of coffee. It’s famous for its historical story that Bheema killed the rebellious Keechaka and threw him into the valley of Chikhaldara. The viewpoints of Chikhaldara are Prospect Point, Hurricane Point, and Devi Point. Apart from these the excursions include Gavilgad Fort, Narnala Fort,Tribal Museum, Semadoh Lake and Pandit Nehru Botanical Garden.
Location- Set in Amravati District and it’s better to go by train. Chandanagar Railway Station is the closest railway station and Pune International Airport is the nearest airport if you prefer to go by air.
Why Book With Us?
- No-hassle best price guarantee
- Customer care available 24/7
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Free Travel Insureance