Set amidst the arboreous hills of Western Ghats, Lonavala is a hill station in the state of Maharashtra. It is the treasure of the Sahyadri Mountains and popularly known as “City of Caves” . The best time to explore the beauty of hills is Monsoon as it’s a popular gateway from Mumbai and Pune. With varieties of nature jewels, Lonavala is a chest of waterfalls, lakes and hills around. Camping, Trekking and other adventure sports are the real fun here. Lonavala serves historical sites like Buddhist rock cut caves of Bhaja and Karla. It’s a treat to explore the natural wonders as well as the religious places.
Travelling Amid Growing Omicron Threat? Check State-wise Flying Guidelines And Quarantine Rules
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
How To Reach Lonavala?
By Air- Lonavala lacks to serve airports but one can easily reach from Pune International Airport which is 65 kilometres away and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai which is 105 kilometers away. So, it’s a great option to travel from far-away states.
By Road– Situated on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway, Lonavala is an easy go to destination from Mumbai and Pune. It’s better to go for a long drive and enjoy the scenic beauty of the hills. Also,there are 17 operators that conduct buses between the two cities. Usually, it takes less than 3 hours at a comfortable pace to reach Lonavala.
By Train- Lonavala plays a major role in tracks as it’s the halts which connect Pune and Mumbai. There are plenty of options depending on the table which are Intercity Express, Deccan Express, Indrayani Express and many others.
Places to Visit in Lonavala-
Lonavala, the name derives from the Sanskrit word ‘lonavli’ that means caves. So, it provides various options of Caves that are worth visiting, such examples are- Bhaja, Bedsa and Karla. With its soothing weather, city people usually take a break to feel this quiet natural beauty. Other such places are as follows:-
1.Rajmachi Fort- A prominent landmark between Lonavala and Khandala located breathtakingly attractive Rajmachi Fort. It changed a lot from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Emperor Aurangzeb, Shahu Maharaj and at last in the British reign. The fort is famous among trekkers and adventure seekers. For perception a full-fledged trek, one can start from the Kondhane caves which will takes around 3-4 hours of climbing, but otherwise one can drive right up-to Udhewadi village and then trek for hardly 30-40 minutes to the top of the fort. The temperature is around 23 degree Celsius.
2. Aamby Valley- Breathtaking township which is about 24 kilometres from Lonavala will definitely be an ideal option for honeymooners. The luxurious infrastructure compatible to international standards is full of sedate ambience which is actually exotic will attract many tourists. There are several Hotels and Villas which are around the lake areas and have a beautiful scenic view of the lake waters and the forests. The temperature lies at 25 degree Celsius. The convenience here are even perfect for business meetings, making it an perfect attraction for one and all.
3. Tiger’s Leap- A clifftop with a waterfall situated 10 kilometres away from Lonavala offers a massive view of the hills and the great Western Ghats. It’s actually sunrise-sunset view point. The name itself is tricky as it resembles the shape with that of a tiger leaping into the valley. The temperature is around 25 degree Celsius. A small waterfall flows near the Tiger’s Leap can be seen during the monsoons.
4. Lonavala Lake- Around 1 kilometer from the city center located the Lonavala Lake which is sourced by Indrayani River. It is actually Monsoon Lake as it fills up during the monsoons and dries up during the winter. It offers a picnic spot and also famous for bird watching and swimming. One can stand beside it to feel the sound of waves.
5. Bhushi Dam- On the Indrayani River, Bhushi Dam is an architecture dam which is a popular tourist attraction. The overflowing water above the rocky terrain make this place worth visiting but swimming is strictly prohibited here so one can enjoy it from the stairs. It’s located on the way of Tiger’s Leap and the temperature varies between 20-25 degree Celsius.
6. Imagicaa- Located on Mumbai-Pune Expressway near Khopoli, Imagicaa formed on April 2013 provides entertainment theme park which is quite famous among all ages. The park is divided into three zones, that are, Theme Park, Snow Park and Water Park with a plenty of entertainment options that include live light and sound shows, roller coasters, themed entertainment shows, and a refreshing water park. The property belongs to renowned media organisation called Adlabs Entertainment Limited, owned by the film producer Manmohan Shetty. Apart from De Luxe accommodation, restaurants and shopping options, this park also offers some self-made fascinating characters, live performances of acrobats, hip-hop dancing, magic show and several other alluring activities. It requires a long day and the temperature is around 20 degree Celsius which is perfect to dive into the water and feel the beauty of Imagicaa.
Budget Hotels in Lonavala
Canary Villa by Tropicana Stays, Diwatel Grande Resort, Green Velvet Resort- Near Pawna Lake, Meritas Adore Resort, Radisson Resort and Spa Lonavala, Villa San Lawrenz, The Orchid Lonavala, Treebo Trend Five Elements, Rhythm Lonavala, Monsoon Lake Hotel Lonavala, Avion Holiday Resort.Wellness Tourism