Winter comes with a warm hand and with its beauty. Whole nature takes on a heavenly form with snow falling in the hills. A valley between the Great Himalayan range and Pir Panjal mountain range, Kashmir is one of them and is famous for its heavenly beauty, diverse wildlife, handicrafts, and the list is never-ending. Many tourists flock here to enjoy the scenic beauty of winter. As from my personal experience, you have to stay 7 days to feel the actual beauty of this place. The weather changes its mood often and that’s worth experiencing.
Kashmir Tour Packages
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Here are some worth stopping by locations you cannot miss in your Kashmir expedition:-
1.Srinagar: The capital city Srinagar can be chosen as one of the addresses to fully enjoy the winter. The romantic feeling comes while riding in Sikara and floating in Dal Lake. However, during winter, all the water in the lake dries up and turns to ice. There is absolute satisfaction in the pleasure of enjoying the beautiful view of the houseboat. Apart from this, Shalimar Garden, Nishant Garden, Chashmeshahi Garden, Nehru Garden, and Tulip Garden places also bring an extreme fascination.
2. Gulmarg: is another beautiful place in Kashmir. It is known as one of the places for ski riding in India. In snow-covered Kashmir, such an opportunity is not easy to miss. 2730 meters above sea level, The journey to Amarnath starts from here. The scenery spread all around makes the trip memorable. Enjoyable for people of all ages from children to adults, this place touches the heavenly feeling.
3. Sonmarg: is a small town located 9,000 kilometers above sea level. The river Indus flows around the city. There are several Himalayan peaks across the land such as Amarnath, Silbar, Kolhai. A variety of flowers and rows of alpine trees adorn the area. The place is very attractive for adventure and trekking. Nilgrad, Kshir Bhabani Temple, Baltal, Jozilla Pass, and many more places can be visited from here to enjoy the beauty of nature. If you want to get a taste of skiing and ice skating in the snowy region, the winter season may be right for you.
4. Pahalgam, located in the Anantnag district of Jammu, is a beautiful place to spend a holiday. Surrounded by pine trees, this region attracts the hearts of many tourists. The place is recognized as “ The Valley of Sheep Yards”. Surprisingly, the lake of the last serpent caused wonder among the people. Pahalgam and its surroundings are easily accessible by local transport.
5. Kupwara, surrounded by dense trees and hills, is one of the tourist attractions. Located at an altitude of 1577 m above sea level, the presence of several wildlife can be noticed. Many people flock to this area due to its outstanding trekking facilities. Among the places of interest here are Jamia Mosque, Bhadra Kali Temple, Kheer Bhawani Temple, etc.
6. Anantnag is one of the most revered regions of Kashmir. Located 53 km from Srinagar, it is said to be the commercial capital of Kashmir. It is similarly known as Islamabad.
Kishtwar National Park is a beautiful place to visit. The Verinag and Achabal areas can also be visited. Amarnath Cave is the main attraction in Anantnag. Also, Aru Valley, Betaab Valley, Tullian Lake, and Kashmir Valley are some of the most visited locations.
7. Pulwama: The Pulwama, full of saffron, is located 40 km from Srinagar. It is recognized as the “Rice Bowl of Kashmir ”. The apple orchard is captivating with its beautiful waterfalls and beautiful weather. In this region during the winter season, Snowboarding and skiing experience can be gained. Pulwama amplifies the natural elegance of Kashmir numerous times, that’s why it is recognized as “Anand of Kashmir”.
8. Bhaderwah is a scenic place situated in the foothills of the Great Himalayas. In winter, the entire area is covered with a blanket of ice. Located in the Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, this place is rough. However, the natural beauty is quite enjoyable. One can also visit Bhaderwah to experience mountaineering, skiing, paragliding, rock climbing, and trekking.
October to February is the peak season in Kashmir for snow- lovers. However, don’t forget to buy dry fruits and pashmina shawls as the “Paradise of Earth” is famous for.
International Tours Packages