In India, there have been a lot of rituals, cultures, traditions, colors, and magnificent tourist spots that will mesmerize you in your whole life. From the Himalayan range in the North to the Indian Ocean coast and from the Gulf of Kutch in the West to the coasts of Bay of Bengal in East India has endless family destinations to nurture a soothing leisure time in holidays. So experiencing and exploring India with family is a dream of every person. In this article, we have tried to find the top ten-holiday family destinations that you and your family can plan to enjoy the scenic beauty of India in your holidays to refresh your mind. Here we go.
Domestic Tour Packages
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Top 10 Family Destinations in India
1. Kashmir: Commonly known as ‘Heaven on Earth, Kashmir is the most wanted and favorite destination for almost every Indian. Every common man in India wants to visit Kashmir at least once in his lifetime. So Jammu and Kashmir are at the top of our list.
Major attractions: Tulip Garden, Dal Lake, Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Srinagar, Vaishno Devi, Patnitop, Chasme Sahi, etc.
Best time to visit: April to October.
2. Darjeeling, West Bengal: Darjeeling in West Bengal is considered the most famous tourist spot and hill station for family holidays. It has the stunning scenic beauty of Mt. Kanchenjungha. From eating momos to enjoying a ride in a toy train is the most mesmerizing thing one would love to do here. Here you will find some famous monasteries, tea gardens and soothing natural beauty. Tiger Hill is famous for viewing the Sun rise in Mt. Kanchenjungha.
Major attractions: Tiger Hill, Peace Pagoda, Rock Garden, Batasia Loop, Zoological Park, Bhutia Monastery, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, The Mall etc.
Best time to visit: October to March.
3. Shimla : Shimla & Manali is a famous retreat and holiday destination in India. It was famous since ancient days as it was considered as the summer capital of the British Empire. The ride in the toy train from Kalka to Shimla is almost a magical experience. From Shimla, a visit to Manali adds a greater value to the tour for the travellers. It has exquisite natural beauty one can enjoy.
Major attractions: Kufri, Jakhoo Temple, Green valley, Narkanda, Mall Road
Best time to visit: March to September
4. Nainital, Uttarakhand: Nainital is considered as one of the most beautiful tourist attractions in Uttarakhand state. Nainital is cushioned amongst the Kumaon Hills. It is a charming hill station which is constructed nearby a distinctively shaped lake called Naini Lake, thus contributing to the name of Nainital. It is also known as ‘City of Lakes’. The city has a nostalgic charm alongside the lakes. It is located at an altitude of 1936 km above sea level. It has seven lakes with astonishing beauty.
Major attractions: Nainital Zoo, Cave Garden, Naina Devi Temple, Ropeway, Tiffin Top, Snow view point
Best time to visit: April to July and Mid- September to October
5. Jaipur, Rajasthan : Jaipur is the most celebrated family holiday destination in India. Majestic Forts and palaces inundated in the fictions of an outstanding past. If you want to find real heritage, then it is the place. Jaipur is famous for Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, City Palace and Jal Mahal along with its astounding shopping places. The city is called ‘Pink City’ because the surfaces of houses in Jaipur are painted in the colour pink.
Major attractions: Hawa Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort
Best time to visit: November to February
6. Shillong, Meghalaya : Encircled by various pine trees is the beautiful city of Shillong. It is also the capital of Meghalaya. The name has been derived from its name of Lei Shyllong, an idol worshipped at the Shillong Peak. This hill station is known for its charming sights, heritages and traditions. You can visit here all through the year due to its pleasing weather. The light showers and the cooling mild wind adds a soothing joy to visit here. It is similarly recognized as the Scotland of the East.
Major attractions: Don Bosco Museum, Mawlynnong, Shillong Peak, Ward’s Lake, Mawsynram, Lady Hydari Park
Best time to visit: September to May
7. Andaman & Nicobar Islands : The beaches of Andaman are often famous attractions. It is known for Asia’s best beaches. Here the beaches are made of original white sand and turquoise blue water. The fantastic scenery and surroundings, excellent water sports, rich flora and fauna make the island more marvellous. It is less crowded so it is a famous tourist spot for family destinations.
Major attractions: Cellular Jail, Radhanagar Beach, Corbyn’s Beach, Kalapathar Beach, Ross Island etc.
Best time to visit: October to May
8. Puri, Odisha : Family destinations also include pilgrimages. So Puri is on the top where a devotee completes his pilgrimage here. That’s why the name Puri. It is one of the Dhams of Char-Dhams. It is a beach city which lies on the coast of Bay of Bengal with its most famous attraction in Jagannath temple where the famous Rath Yatra is hosted.
Major attractions: Konarak, Puri Beach, Chilka Lake, Nandan Kanan
Best time to visit: June to March
9.Coorg, Karnataka : Coorg is located within magnificent mountains in Karnataka with an everlastingly misty landscape especially for nature lovers. It is a popular coffee producing hill station. It is very popular for its beautiful green top hills, cascading waterfalls, Gothic style churches and streams. It also has a rich heritage and culture. The Kodavas, a local in-group focusing on martial arts, are very well known for their great hospitality.
Major attractions: Irupu and Abbey Falls, Madikeri Fort, Nisargadhama, Sri Omkareshwara Temple,Pushpagiri
Best time to visit: October to March
10. Alleppey, Kerala : Alleppey is famous for its gorgeous backwaters. The city is also known for its beaches, temples, Kathakali show and traditional boat races. It also has some reputed Ayurvedic spas and wellness centres. It is a tourist paradise in Kerala. It is an ultimate spot for honeymooners, couples and families as well. While cruising the backwaters, a houseboat stay is considered to be a must to do here.
Major attractions: Pathiramanal, Krishnapuram Palace, Basilica of St. Mary, Vembanad backwaters, Marari Beach
Best time to visit: November to February