Apart from monuments and artifacts India also has various kinds of charming and alluring lakes which draw the attention of every traveler. If you want to explore your dream you must come and spend a few moments beside a lake. The rising ripples, the supernatural water, the kissing breeze spellbound your heart. You can reach your pleasure at zenith by riding a boat. If you have any queries about scenic beauty, you shall find your solutions when you visit these 10 most beautiful lakes.
Get a Question?
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Here is a list of 10 Beautiful Lakes to Visit in India are:-N
1. Nakki Lake- One of the finest ancient sacred lakes in Mount Abu hill station in Rajasthan state. It is said that the lake was excavated by human nails. There is a beautiful temple, Raghunath, and Maharaja Jaipur Palace are situated on the hill beside the lake. Sunset point, a forbidden place for visitors to go because many wild animals are roaming here and there. Visit the place with a local guide and know the hidden stories. The best time to visit will be between October to April.
2. Vembanad Lake- India’s longest lake and second-largest Ramsar site in India situated in the state of Kerala, God’s Own Country. Here you find Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary on the east coast of this lake. Nehru Trophy Boat Race, a significant event occurs in this lake during the Onam festival. A boat cruise through a pleasant environment and mouth-watering food served onboard makes it world-class. November to March is the best time to spend the holiday.
3. Dal Lake- It is famous for the name “Lake Of Flowers” or “Srinagar’s Jewel”, in the capital of Jammu and Kashmir. Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh is a gorgeous Mughal era garden and colorful Shikras have made it more attractive. The scenic beauty of this lake is even you find in many Bollywood movies. Many tourists come to meet this lake. The best time is April to October when lakes are not frozen.L
4. Loktak Lake- Largest natural freshwater lake in northeast India, in Manipur state. The southeastern part of this lake is a 15 sq mi area covered by Phumdis. Keibul Lamjao National Park, a well-known floating park is located on this phumdi. 233 species of aquatic plants, 100 species of birds, and many more animals are found in this lake. Loktak day is celebrated every year on 15 October at the bank of Loktak. Many tourists visit the Indian National Army museum at Moirang town on the shore of Loktak.G
5. Gurudongmar Lake- It is a holy lake for three religions, Hindus, Buddhists, and Sikhs, and one of the highest lakes in the world, located in Sikkim. The distance is 190 km from Gangtok. The lake is fed by glaciers from Kanchendzonga, the Himalayan mountain range. Annual Yak race Thangu, a popular event held in this region in the summer season. You will find the bed of the lake for its transparent water. Favorable time to visit from November to June month.C
6. Chilika Lake- Chilika, the largest coastal lagoon, largest brackish water lagoon, and also the largest saltwater lake in India. This lake is in Odisha state where you find many threatened species for plants and animals and a large number of migratory birds in the winter season. November to February is the perfect time to travel to Chilika Lake.B
7. Bhimtal Lake- Bhimtal, the largest lake in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand, is popularly known as the “Lake district of India”. It has a dam named masonry, used as a storage facility. The main tourist attraction spot is an island in the center of the lake. You find many wild animals like barking deer, Kalij Pheasants beside the lake. The best time for outings is from March to May and also October, November.V
8. Bhojtal Lake- Bhojtal, the largest artificial lake in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Another name is ‘Upper Lake’. Water sports facilities are available for outers beside the lake. It looks pretty at the time of sunset and sunrise. Best time to visit in the winter season.P
9. Pulicat Lake- It is the second largest brackish water lake after Chilika, on the boundary of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The annual Flamingo Festival is celebrated every year in January. Lots of birds can be found in the winter season and its sparkling water gives the feeling of heaven.W
10. Wular Lake- Wular Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Jammu and Kashmir. The size of the lake varies from season to season and it was formed by tectonic activity. Its spectacular view is only the main attraction of tourists. Perfect time to visit in the summer season.
To escape from monotonous life you can plan a short trip to travel to beautiful lakes. Natural beauty revives your mind. Do not delay, nature is calling.Maharashtra Tourism