As we all know India is a place of diversity where different types of men get their shades, the same in the case of animals. Because its diverse nature varies from place to place, India has become home to many animals. The national parks and biosphere are proved to be the best home for a few endangered wildlife species too. Among them are the Royal Bengal tiger, Red Panda, horned Rhinoceros, Snow Leopards, and other species of flora and fauna.
India records of 104 National Parks, 566 Wildlife Sanctuaries, 31 Marine Protected Areas, 18 Biosphere Reserves, 97 Conservation Reserves, and 214 Community Reserves are there in the lap of India. To be more specific, 981 Protected Areas are there which is similar to 5.03% of the geographical areas of the country.
Corvette is the oldest national park and Sprawling in the foothills of the Himalayas was established in 1936. It holds 520.82 sq km. is home to Royal Bengal Tiger as well as other rich flora and fauna.
he first Biosphere Reserve in India established in 1986. Wayanad, Nagarhole, Bandipur, Mudumalai, Nilambur, Silent Valley protected areas in Tamilnadu, Kerala, Karnataka are also included in the list.
As we are discussing the biosphere reserve in India, the Great Rann of Kutch with an area of 12454 sq km gets the position in the prior list.
Planning your Trip to National Park?
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
UNESCO World Heritage Wildlife Sites in India
UNESCO has recognized some national parks of India as World Heritage Sites.
They are –
1. Great Himalayan National Park in Himachal Pradesh.
2. Valley of Flowers and Nanda Devi National Park in Uttarakhand.
3. Kaziranga and Manas National Park in Assam.
4. Keoladeo National Park in Rajasthan.
5. Khangchendzonga National Park in Sikkim.
6. Nokrek National Park in Meghalaya.
7. Sundarbans National Park in West Bengal.
Wildlife In India:-
Flora & Fauna in Indian National Parks
410 species of mammals and almost 1361 species of birds made India their home. The study says that India is a megadiverse country that has around 60-70% of the world’s biodiversity.
Some rare and unique wildlife species also made their home to India. Among them Sloth Bear, the Chausinga ( four-horned antelope ), Barasingha ( Swamp deer ) are important. One interesting fact of India is that here tiger and lion both are found together in many national parks. The highest deer and tiger populations are also there in India.
We also can say that India is not only rich in fauna, it is also rich in flora. Around 18000 species of flowering plants are there in India, Which is 6-7% of the world’s total plant species. The Valley of Flowers National Park in Uttarakhand owns 600 species of flowering plants. Brahma Kamal is exclusively seen there which is very rare in other places.
Best National Parks to Visit in India
104 national parks are there in the Indian sphere which has its lands in India. A variety of animals are seen there. Some are rare, some are common. They find India their best shelter. Because of some heinous species of animals, some other animals are kept in surveillance in the parks. One-horned rhinos and Royal Bengal Tigers are very few of those heinous animals.
Some famous and important parks to visit –
* Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand.
* Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan.
* Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
* Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
* Pench National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
* Sunderban National Park, West Bengal.
* Kaziranga National Park, Assam.
* Tadoba National Park, Maharashtra.
* Bandipur National Park, Karnataka.
* Manas National Park, Assam.
* Panna National Park, Madhya Pradesh.
Best Bird Sanctuaries to visit in India
1361 species of birds and about 467 important bird areas are there in India which includes nearly 72 bird sanctuaries. There are birds like Indian Peafowl, Pheasant, Quills, Francolin, Hornbill, and others. Here is a list of some bird sanctuaries in India which is enough to fulfill the thirst for all wildlife adventurers –
* Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Rajasthan.
* Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, Haryana.
* Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Goa.
* Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Kerala.
* Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary, Tamil Nadu.
* Chilka Lake Bird Sanctuary, Odisha.
* Kutch Great Indian Bustard Sanctuary, Gujarat.
* Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary, Gujarat.
* Thattekad Bird Sanctuary, Kerala.
* Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary, Karnataka.
* Pulicat Lake Bird Sanctuary, Andhra Pradesh.
Costs and accommodation in and around National Parks
There is a variety when it comes to costs to stay around the parks. There are various types of food and lodging options around depending on the budget. Corbett national park offers a lodge inside the forest which is very thrilling to the visitors. There are 3-star, 4-star, 5-star hotels available near the parks and sanctuaries depending on the budget. Whilst there is a luxurious and boutique hotel available, there is an option to stay in very low-priced hotels also. India has its versatility in this case also.Domestic Tour Packages