Affluent places, prehistoric forts, and fascinating structures greet you at every corner of this lovely country. The famous historic monuments depict the tales of romance, battles, and bravery.
Planning your Trip?
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
There are some famous historical places in India:-
1. TAJ MAHAL, AGRA- If you are looking for the list of the top 10 historical places in India then the Taj Mahal will perpetually be ranking top in the list. It is situated at the right bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agra. It was built in 1632 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan (reigned from 1628 to 1658). It is the house tomb of his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal and houses the tomb of Shah Jahan himself. The tomb is in the middle of a 42-acre complex. The Taj Mahal was designated as a UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE in 1983. The jewel of Muslim art and the Mughal architecture and a symbol of love history in this mahal pleased one’s mind. The Taj Mahal attracts 7-8 million visitors a year approximately. In 2007, it was declared as the new 7 wonders of the world.
2. AGRA FORT, UTTAR PRADESH- The rich history of the Mughal Era was hidden behind it. This famous historic place in India was built entirely of red sandstone in 1565 by Akbar, the great Mughal king. It has two historically designated gates:the Amar Singh Gate and the Delhi Gate. In 1983, the Agra Fort was designated as a WORLD HERITAGE SITE.
3. RED FORT, DELHI- One of the great historical tourist places in India and was constructed from 1638 to 1648. The fort is octagonal and our honorable president gives the speech on independence day. The Red Fort or Lal Kila was the main residence of the Mughal emperors.
4. QUTUB MINAR, DELHI- An excellent example of Indo-Muslim architecture. Qutub Minar got its name from Qutub Ud Din Aibakwho was the first Muslim ruler of north India. It is approved as UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE in New Delhi, India. Listed in one of the most visited traveler locations in India.
5. FATEHPUR SIKRI, UTTAR PRADESH- It was the capital city during Akbar’s era. It is a small city in the Agra district in Uttar Pradesh. Jahangir, the son of Akbar was born in the village Sikri in 1569.After Akbar’s Gujarat campaign in 1573, the city to be known as Fatehpur Sikri the “city of victory”.The British established an organizational center after seizing Agra.
6. HAWA MAHAL, JAIPUR- The Hawa Mahal or the palace of winds looks like a honeycomb of a beehive with 953 windows. Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, a major devotee of Lord Krishna built this. It is one of the major tourist places in India. This building has no foundation. This palace is known as the tallest building in the World.
7. KHAJURAHO TEMPLE, MADHYA PRADESH- The Khajuraho Temple is a group of Hindu and Jain temples in Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh. It was built during the Chandela dynasty. There is a group of temples dedicated especially to two religions, Hinduism and Jainism. The main attraction is the Kandariya Mahadeva Temple and it dates to the 10th century CE. This temple is famous for its Nagara-Style architectural symbolism and erotic sculptures.
8. KONARK TEMPLE, ODISHA- Lying on the coast of the Bay of Bengal, Konark is a town in the Puri District that contains the historical significance of the 13th century. This is commonly known as Sun Temple. It has another name which is Black Pagoda as it was built in black granite. In 1559, Mukunda Gajapati came to the throne but he aligned himself as a supporter of Akbar and a foe of the Bengal Sultan.
9. GOLCONDA, HYDERABAD- Golconda Fort initially existed as Mangala Devi Temple which was discovered by Ram Dev Rao on a hill called “Golla Konda” during 1080 CE. At present, the fort is located on the western side of Hyderabad and is 10 km from the Hussain Sagar Lake. Equipment that creates sound reflection properties, were combined with distinct equipment that was used for constructing the wall. Apart from its magnificent features and giving birth to vibrant history, it deserves a visit to help you understand the fact of how far we have traversed and still some things worth a visit.Domestic Tour Packages